Now that we're firmly planted in the New Year, our staff is ready to embrace the reading resolutions we've made. We love good books and anytime we're able, you'll find us reading everything from buzzworthy fiction to poetry and classic literature. Our biggest challenge is finding the time to read while managing all the other to-dos in our lives. That said, we've made a collective promise to follow some of these tenets for 2017:
- Leave a book on your bedside table, not your cell phone.
- Buy books locally and support local authors.
- Try reading a genre you've never explored.
- Re-read an old favorite.
- Commit to reading one new book a month.
- Host a book swap with friends or family.
- Leave a book in each room of the house.
- Keep books on CD or a tote bag of books in the car.
- Talk to your bookseller or librarian about potential good reads.
- Dedicate an hour or two during the weekend to read.
As always, we'd love to hear from you! What are your reading plans for the New Year? Tell us, and you may see your ideas in a future post.