Hi. I'm Jen, the new Assistant Editor at Islandport Press, where I manage author events, promote our good work on social media, and collaborate with some fabulous people, like legendary artist Dahlov Ipcar, Grammy-nominee Kendall Morse, and Maine’s Funniest Woman, Ms. Ida Leclair.
10 things to know about me:
1. I love to read, write, explore Maine, and watch music documentaries with my husband. I spend way too much time on the internet.
2. I'm a mother of two children ages 6 and 7. My son adores LEGOs and Star Wars. My daughter is a fan of sparkly things and Katy Perry. They keep me on my toes.
3. Due to #2, I’m addicted to caffeine. Coffee and Lindt sea salt dark chocolate bars are my vices.
4. I was born and raised in suburban New Jersey, which is home to shopping malls, Enza's Italian restaurant, Carvel soft serve, and people who will tell you their life story in 5 minutes or less.
5. I've lived in Maine for a decade and there is no place I'd rather be.
6. I've been blogging since 2009. My blog, Cute Potato: Your Guide to Kid-Friendly Maine, is devoted to giving parents ideas of where to shop, what to eat, and where to visit in Maine with kids.
7. If you couldn't tell already, I love food and write about the subject any chance I get. I've contributed to Vermont Life's 'Out to Eat' column, The Food Network Magazine, and Flavor & The Menu, to name a few.
8. I was a staff writer at Martha Stewart Living, where I developed content about everything from nursery decor to cookware. Once, I sat next to Martha during a long meeting about lobster pots. A sign of things to come?
9. More past jobs: L.L.Bean web copywriter, graduate school writing tutor, and a brief, post-college stint at the NFL (really).
10. I love my new job at Islandport Press! I get paid to spend time on social media, which justifies my aforementioned internet addiction, and I get to work with a talented group of authors (my office mates aren't too shabby either).
Now that you know about me, tell me about you. What are some of your favorite Islandport Press books? What would you like to see more—or less—of on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest pages? Check in regularly and be in touch! Contact me here or at firstname.lastname@example.org.